Submit your own question
Submit your own question for Prof. Wolff on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/economicupdate
Help us reach 100,000 subscribers! Please hit the red SUBSCRIBE button above.
Support the show Economic Update with Richard D. Wolff. Become a part of the growing Patreon community and gain access to exclusive patron-only content, along the ability to ask Prof. Wolff questions like this one!
A patron asks: What is the difference between market socialism and centralized socialism? Does this relate to the 'new' and 'old' socialism you've written about?
Follow Wolff ONLINE:
Subscribe to the EU podcast: http://economicupdate.libsyn.com
Shop for EU merchandise: http://bit.ly/2JkxIfy
Prof. Wolff's latest book "Understanding Marxism" http://bit.ly/2BH0lkL
>old socialists didn't think about bottom-up organising
Yeah sure go ahead and completely ignore the anarchists, Wolf.
My question is how do you deel with the democratic part when you know that we have now allot of political streams in society. Like Liberals, conservativs, nationalists etc. As a treu democrat but socialist i aknowledge the fact that other groups have differenent vieuws on life. But it seems akwoard.To have this ounder a socialist umbrella. I know there is one exemple of it the Chinees communist party. They are so big that it is hard to imagine that everybody thinks the same. How do they manage different point of vieuws within the system? And i do know about the blockparty's in Eastern Europe so that system did not work.
peasant revolt of 2019
State Socialism is not true socialism IMO. Unless the "state" is comprised of worker councils, and and worker unions, which they never are. It's really State Capitalism
Neither market or centralized socialism works, so lets create worker (employee) controlled businesses within capitalism and that will help the inequality component. Worker/owners would presumably vote themselves a living wage and lots of bennies (health care, pensions, maternity leave, etc.); the money to pay for all this would have been hoarded by a few über-wealthy individuals/owners/investors in the current system. One of America's greatest heroes/industrialists-- Henry J. Kaiser would be proud.
This video looks at a
This video looks at a market economy. It analyzes the different advantages and disadvantages of the economy and explains how life is in this economy. In order to make sure you remember all of the important information in the video consider purchasing my guided notes that go with the video. The notes help you focus on the important information and support the channel, so I can keep making more free content for you! Click the link below to buy the guided notes! They are only $1.50!
Click here to purchase the guided notes:
(To buy a classroom set, simply purchase four copies)
Link to guided notes: (Current students only)
Subscribe and hit the bell to see a new videos.
Subscribe here ►https://goo.gl/7sNYbR
***Information on the Guided Notes ***
1. What are guided notes?
- Guided notes are worksheets that have been made to follow along with the video. They are to help you remember what you learn and help you review the content in the video.
2. Why do I have to pay for them?
- Unfortunately, these videos are not free for me to make and take a considerable amount of time to make. While I understand that it is never fun to spend money, know that by spending just a couple dollars you help support the channel and make it possible for me (Mr. Sinn) to keep producing more content!
3. What happens after I pay on paypal?
- Once you purchase the guided notes for a video you will be able to download the guided notes right away!
4. Can I share the guided notes with others?
- If you purchase the guided notes they are only for your use. So please do not share the notes or post them online, this only hurts the channel and will make it so I cannot keep offering free videos or cheap guided notes.
5. What if I want to purchase the notes for my class?
- If you are interested in using the notes for your class I ask that you purchase at least four copies of the notes. This again helps support the channel and keeps the price down. If you had questions about how to use the videos for class, or if you needed more resources please feel free to contact me.
im here cause im slow
this guy should be at a mentail hospital
I am here because I have two make I diary of someone in a market economy. I'm probably going to fail:)
um weird name but its ok im ready
YOu look like my social studies teacher
What is the Stock Market?
What is the Stock Market? | The stock Market Explained. In this you are going to learn what the stock market is and how it works. Here we breakdown how to invest in the stock market even for beginners.
You will learn how the stock market works, what is a market crash, what is a market bubble and how to use the stock market to make money.
This will be like your personal investing 101 class where you will understand what is a stock and why people invest in them.
If you are looking for a stock market for dummies, then look no further, this video will teach you the basics of how stocks works.
? Watch these top trending videos to learn more about investing:
► Investing for Beginners: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkxByrIbVCSpPXBJ4VJoqU2QHVJKZfpfj
► The Rich Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkxByrIbVCSpHnuafUHcmB5weem7APbr7
? Make sure to subscribe to The Better Men Project for more business and money videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBetterMenProject?sub_confirmation=1
Good video. It totally shows exactly what a fake investment the stock market is lol.... Get into real estate!
Thats my man, where have u been?
Yeah...it was a useful video..very informative for beginners... keep it up bro.
who is here for grade 8 math learing how to invest money