Set 2019 + Set 2018 (100 questions in total):
1. According to our textbook, many church fathers viewed the Song of Songs typologically as a picture of Christ’s love for His bride, the church.
2. ___________________ predictively refer to Christ, the anointed messianic King.
3. Historically, the most common method used in interpreting the Song of Songs was to treat the Song as an allegory of God’s love for Israel.
4. In his response to Job, God appeals to creation as a demonstration of his unfathomable wisdom.
5. According to our textbook, the _____________________ is a reoccurring theme or motif found throughout the book of Ecclesiastes.
6. The list of individuals who composed material in the Psalms includes Moses.
7. The ____________________ are expressions of trust in the Lord and praise to the Lord for the security He provides to those who trust in Him.
8. The Proverbs tell us how to live life successfully.
9. Bildad, one of Job’s three friends, suggests that God may use suffering as a means to
keep men from sin, to chastise, and to maintain a healthy degree of reverence before the Almighty.
10. Job states his faith in the resurrection when he says: “I know that my redeemer
lives…And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.”
11. The _____________ are prayers of extreme emotion and anger calling on God to bring severe judgment on the enemies of God and the psalmist.
12. According to our textbook, the _____________________ is a reoccurring theme or motif found throughout the book of Ecclesiastes.
13. The __________ focus on the Lord’s kingdom rule over His creation.
14. According to our textbook, _________________ is one of the more popular topics in the book of Proverbs.
15. In the second cosmic test in the book of Job, the Lord allows Satan to take Job's health, but he must preserve Job's life.
16. The psalms are divided into _____________ books.
17. “Pride comes before destruction, and an arrogant spirit before a fall.” (Prov. 16:18) is an example of
18. In a general sense the proverbs can be grouped into two major forms. One of these forms is
19. The list of individuals who composed material in the Psalms includes Saul.
20. According to our textbook, Job’s three friends are commended for their companionship but are condemned for their false accusations and misguided theology.
21. In the __________________, the psalmist confesses his sin and prays for the Lord’s forgiveness and restoration.
22. Job accuses God of prejudice and curses the day of his birth.
23. According to our textbook, the value of _______________ is a reoccurring theme or motif found throughout the book of Ecclesiastes.
24. The book of Proverbs consistently presents the sluggard as a fool and the diligent person as wise.
25. Proverbs are typically based on education and knowledge.
26. The book of Job concludes with God prospering Job once again and blessing him with twice the wealth.
27. The Proverbs are wise sayings that express deep truths in capsule form.
28. In Proverbs child-rearing is a family affair but discipline begins with the individual.
29. Proverbs are general truths, not specific promises or guarantees from God.
30. Proverbs are written in such a simple way that they produce reflection within the mind of the reader.
31. The list of individuals who composed material in the Psalms includes Solomon.
32. According to our textbook, _____________________ is a reoccurring theme or motif found throughout the book of Ecclesiastes.
33. Most English Bibles translate “Qohelet” as
34. According to our textbook, _________________ is one of the more popular topics in the book of Proverbs.
35. Job’s friends respond to his suffering by saying, “Why don’t you curse God and die?”
36. “Genuine righteousness leads to life, but pursuing evil leads to death.” (Prov. 11:19) is an example of
37. Job’s responds to God in faith knowing it is enough that God is in control.
38. “Good news from a distant land is like cold water to a parched throat.” (Prov. 25:25) is an example of
39. _______________ often teach practical lessons about everyday living.
Learn how to pronounce the
Learn how to pronounce the most important sentences in English! Because you say these common phrases all the time, use fluent pronunciation. The TOP 10 English sentences have some surprising pronunciation!
Improve your pronunciation with a new pronunciation (like this one!) every month in The Fearless Fluency Club: http://www.speakenglishwithvanessa.com/fluency
Download my free e-book: "5 Steps To Becoming A Confident English Speaker" http://www.speakenglishwithvanessa.com/free-ebook
English book recommendations: https://www.amazon.com/shop/speakenglishwithvanessa
Subscribe and follow on social media! I'd love to meet you!
Send us a postcard from your country:
PO Box 2695
Weaverville, NC 28787
Speak English With Vanessa helps English learners to speak American English fluently, naturally, and confidently. To become a fluent English speaker and have English conversations with a native English speaker, go to http://www.speakenglishwithvanessa.com
what an energetic teacher ! love that
Nice to see you.
It`s a cloudy one t`day
It's a Cold one.
Best english teacher.❤️